What is Solar Plus Plan?
There can be a lot of confusion, research and planning involved in selecting the best solar system and battery for your home, plus the upfront cost – but don’t worry, we’ve now made it easy.
We’ve made solar simple and affordable
We’ll do the hard work and take care of system selection, installation and maintenance. With our Solar Plus Plan, you’ll pay nothing upfront, that’s $0, and we’ll install solar and Tesla Powerwall at your home on a 7 year plan. You’ll pay a low rate for the electricity you use which won’t increase throughout the plan.1,2 This trial is now open for eligible residential customers in NSW.3
How does it work?
$0 upfront for system and installation
Use electricity like you do today
You are billed for usage, like you are today
Yours to own after 7 years
Why choose Solar Plus Plan?
Am I eligible?
Solar Plus Plan could be right for you if you meet the trial’s minimum eligibility requirements:
- Own and have lived in your home for at least 6 months
- Household’s average daily usage is 10kWh or more4
- Don’t have solar or a battery already installed
- Live in an eligible postcode in NSW
- No one at your home is dependent on life support equipment
- Not a concession cardholder
In addition to the above, your property also needs to be suitable for installation of the system which means you must meet all the necessary desktop and site assessment checks. You’ll also need to pass a credit check and title check.
Solar Plus Plan details
Electricity usage rate: 26.5 cents per kWh (incl. GST)1
For an average residential customer in the Ausgrid area using 3,900kWh per year on a flat tariff, this plan is 8% less than the reference price, at an estimated cost of $1,342 p.a. However, to be eligible for this plan your annual usage must be at least 7,500kWh so your estimated yearly cost will be higher than the average customer.5
Supply charge: $0.847 per day (incl. GST)1
Fixed rate period: The electricity usage rate above won’t increase during the 7 year term
System Installed: Tier 1, 5.6 kW solar PV system and 13.5 kWh Tesla Powerwall valued at $15,350 (incl. GST)4 installed by Clean Energy Council accredited installers
Conditions: You must sign up to direct debit and agree to get your bills and correspondence by email
A basic plan information document (BPID) is available on request, contact us here. A BPID is an information sheet containing the key details of this plan.
You will also get:
- Fully maintained and managed system over 7 years
- Weekly insights into your energy usage
- Access to the Solar Plus Plan portal to keep track of your plan
- Monthly billing
- Leave when you want
You can leave Solar Plus Plan at any time by making a one-off payment. The amount depends on when you leave, but you’ll own the system afterwards.4,5 View details here
What will be installed?
Q CELLS solar panels
A 5.6kW solar system with Tier 1 solar panels which transform incoming sunlight into electricity.
Goodwe solar inverter
Its role is to convert electricity from your solar panels ready for use in your home or to be stored in the battery.
Tesla Powerwall battery
The 13.5kWh battery works by storing energy produced by your solar panels or from the grid to be used later.
- Products have been chosen to ensure durability and longevity.
- A compatible digital electricity meter will also be installed.
- Hardware specifications are subject to change without notice. Any hardware changes will be substituted with products of equal or better specifications and quality. View hardware specifications.
How do I sign up?
See if it’s right for you
Check if you meet initial eligibility requirements here.
You’ll need your personal details and a driver’s license, or passport. If you require assistance, call us on 1800 108 633, or leave us your details and we’ll call you back.
Assessment and checks
We’ll need to do a credit check, title check and a remote roof assessment to make sure your property is suitable and there’s enough sunlight and space for the solar panels. If everything looks fine, we’ll send a Clean Energy Council accredited technician to your home to do a more detailed site assessment.
Welcome to Solar Plus Plan
Once the site assessment is approved, you’ll receive a welcome pack. Your new low energy rate will start once the 10 business day cooling-off period has finished.
Your new digital meter is installed, followed by the solar and battery system.
You’re all set
Soon your house will be using electricity from the solar and battery system, as well as from the grid.
Sign up now
Help build the powerplant of the future
By being part of a VPP, you’ll be helping to enhance grid reliability during peak periods, like in a heatwave when the network may be under stress. During these peak periods, we may use the battery to supply additional energy into the grid, helping the network to respond to the high demand. But don’t worry, when this happens, it won’t impact your electricity bill, and there won’t be any disruption to your home’s energy supply or day-to-day activities.
The VPP also helps On by EnergyAustralia to make the most out of energy the system at your home generates and stores, which enables us to offer Solar Plus Plan customers a low rate and the solar and battery system installed for $0 upfront.
In the long term, we hope that through solutions like VPPs, we’ll be able to provide more reliable renewable energy to the grid and reduce fossil fuel use.
This Activity received funding from ARENA as part of ARENA’s Advancing Renewables Programme – Demand Response and from the NSW Government.
1. Under Solar Plus Plan, customers are charged a blended usage rate per kWh for the electricity consumed at their home, including electricity from the grid or electricity generated by and drawn from the solar or battery system, but excluding controlled load usage where applicable. This blended usage rate will not increase from the date of first supply until 7 years from the date the solar and battery system is installed at your premises. A daily supply charge also applies. Controlled load is charged at a lower off-peak rate. The daily supply charge and controlled load rates may vary however we will notify you of this before it happens. Customers do not receive feed in tariffs.
2. The system is installed at no upfront cost to the customer on a 7 year plan (with the 7 years commencing from the date the system is installed at the customer’s property).
3. Offer only available to eligible residential customers who opt into Direct Debit, eBilling and eCorrespondence. We reserve our right to end the trial without notice.
4. If you have a controlled load at your property, you household’s average daily usage must be 12kWh or more to be eligible for Solar Plus Plan.
5. Comparison to the reference price is indicative only and required by regulation. Find out more about the reference price here.
6. System cost is net of Small-Scale Technology Certificate (STCs). Hardware specifications are subject to change without notice. Any hardware changes will be substituted with products of equal or better specifications and quality.
7. A system exit fee is payable if the customer leaves the plan before the end of the 7 year term (including selling or moving home, switching plans or defaulting on payments). The applicable system exit fee is calculated in accordance with the plan terms and conditions and is dependent on when the customer leaves the plan. You will be able to access an online portal that will provide you with up to date details of the applicable amount.